Today's warnings are quite brief as there are Olympic Opening Ceremonies to be watched!
I just saw AK47 carry the Russian Flag through the stadium -- he wasn't sulking or anything.
- Australian sharpshooter, blogger and all-round nice guy, John Rillie is challenging Steve Nash's 21 free throws in 60 seconds. Steve, if you're out there, the gauntlet has been thrown down!
- Mark Cuban's thoughts on the NBA players heading for the hills (hat tip to World Hoops Blog).
- Nathan Jawai is getting a helping hand in his start with the Toronto Raptors. I guess in much the same way as Yao Ming had a translator/minder early on, Fearne will partly act as translator, as Canadian is an awfully hard language to master.
- Basketbawful can see Dan Dickau better now.
- Self gets $3m a year for 10 years. That's a lot of money for a College coach to lead kids who don't get paid a dime, isn't it? Most of all, I just love the headline, it's one of those "what?" headlines, like pretty much any headline that involves Darnell Mee or Rudy Gay. Childish? Possibly...
- Thanks to Carolyn at And One who linked to this great blog being maintained by one of the Beijing basketball announcers, Olivier Sedra.