As USA finishes off Spain (119-82), in what wasn't as close a game as what we might have hoped, let's turn our attention to what else is going on in the world of basketball:
- Ben Gordon is done with the Chicago Bulls, apparently. Now, who has the money to sign him? Or will he follow the European route?
- Australia on their way to the next round of the Men's Basketball, after defeating Russia this morning behind very solid performances by Andrew Bogut and CJ Bruton (22 points each).
- The World's best paid male athletes, with MJ still sitting at number 3 behind Tiger and Becks.
- Red's Army: Paul Pierce (the self-proclaimed world's best player) with his thoughts on everything and anything in an ESPN radio interview.
- John Rillie, who at one point took the European route himself (in Greece), talks about the trend for NBA players to head to the old world and how this may be related to Australian rugby league.
- The Hoop Doctors ask why the NY Post hates Knicks fans so much.
- Carolyn at And One gives some love to a site which I have been meaning to do the same for, Ball In Europe. Living in Europe myself, I find it great to find some other perspectives on basketball for a European, English-speaking audience.
- Talk of Tayshaun Prince playing the four position. The interesting thing is that during that Team USA v Spain match, he was shooting (and making) a LOT of threes. So, a bit of a PF in the mould of his teammate Rasheed then?
You've been warned.