A pinch and a punch for the first of the month. Is it already September?
- Word on the street is that Ebi Ere did a "CJ Bruton" and didn't leave the South Dragons for the NBA as he originally said, but instead will become a Melbourne Tiger very soon. Perhaps he got lost flying out of Melbourne Airport, went across town for a drink and was seduced by the beauty and majesty of Seamus McPeake? Time will tell how this all fits under the NBL's *cough* famously strict *cough* points cap. The Tigers certainly have a super team on their hands once again.
- World Hoops Blog is serving up the links once again, fresh and hot.
- There are a lot of athlete bloggers out there these days, as blogged about quite a bit by our friend JR recently. Gone are the days of the inarticulate sports star stereotype (well, they're not gone entirely -- don't worry). See if you can link each of these items of fabulous thought-provoking prose with its sports star writer.
- I don't know how really, well I do actually (it was due to Carolyn at And One blog I think), but I got to playing this Court Rivals basketball simulation game lately. It might be worth a try if you've got time you want to waste.
- Fantasy NBA season is fast approaching and Give Me The Rock has been doing plenty of analysis on what you should, shouldn't and did do in FNBA.
- The Ethanator just keeps coming at you with great vintage Michael Jordan videos -- he practically invented Michael Jordan. Sort of.
- TWolves Blog has one of the prettiest sites out there -- now they've even got pretty new uniforms to match in Minny. They've also got one on of my biggest man-crushes (in a purely basketball way) ever in Mike Miller on board. The site is worth a look.
- As a Blazers fan, I think I like this attitude from Travis Outlaw. He's not content to stay as the Blazers' 6th man and wants to work his way up to being a star. That's got to be a good thing for the team, with plenty of competition coming at Martell Webster and Rudy Fernandez. However I guess it means that surely within the next two-three seasons one of those guys will be shipped out.