Things at ...a stern warning have been a little quiet lately. The aim here is not to flood you with content for the sake of it, but to write articles that have some meaning. Since there hasn't been any particularly striking issue in the last couple of days, there hasn't been any particularly striking prose either. That's not to say that there isn't a barrage of other great stuff going on around the net, so here are Today's Warnings:
- Grant Hill is doing great work to help stop the spread of MRSA, an infection that he himself has had to battle in the past.
- Today is Oklahoma City Thunder... or whatever... unveilling day.
- Yuta Tabuse, legend of NBA Summer League, has decided to play in Japan rather than follow the NBA fringes in the D League, this year.
- Sad news of another knife killing in London, United Kingdom. This has been a massive problem in the last few years. This time a boy, aged 14, by the name of Shaquille Smith was killed. I can't help but think that he was named after the Big Aristotle, Shaq Diesel, given his age and the popularity of the NBA star at that time. Here is hoping that the violence can be stopped and lives can be saved.
- This Friday, the Basketball Hall of Fame will enshrine seven new members: Adrian Dantley, William Davidson, Patrick Ewing, Hakeem Olajuwon, Pat Riley, Cathy Rush and Dick Vitale. David Friedman's always stellar analysis of the NBA gives us a great breakdown here of the history of the Dream Shake himself, Hakeem Olajuwon.
- As mentioned here previously, Give Me The Rock are churning out some Fantasy NBA wisdom. If you want to get yourself a free guide to the upcoming season, check them out here.
- Now there is a LeBron movie!
- Where are Amaré and the Suns going? Will they soon fall out of the playoffs? Without moves, and an aging roster, the obvious answer is yes.